We require a Building Manager for a residential heritage apartment building in downtown Regina. Living off or on premise is optional.
The successful applicant will be responsible for facilitating the efficient maintenance, including cleaning, suite rentals, rent collection, administration and general operation of this heritage building.
This is an hourly position that will vary in hours per week but are estimated to be 20 – 30 hours per week. The successful candidate will need the flexibility to be available evenings and weekends as needed.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Tenant relations; Maintain a good and equal relationship with Tenants. Handle emergencies which occur during, and possibly outside of office hours in an efficient manner.
- Cleaning and Janitorial Maintenance: Monitor cleaners for quality control. Keep outside areas clean, and free of litter. Monitor landscapers and snow removal for quality control. Over see the proper disposal of garbage and recycling from the building.
- Building Maintenance: Carry out regular inspections of common property, including mechanical, security, landscaping etc. to ensure it is being properly maintained. Keep up with regular repairs and maintenance of suites. Manage outside trades for scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs. Must be On-Call for emergency situations.
- Moves: Schedule and manage moves- in and out. Schedule appropriate maintenance and repairs of vacated units to be in good condition to be rented again.
- Administrative: Collect and deposit rents and security deposits, rent suites and perform proper credit and reference checks; work with the accountant to ensure all the proper documentation and information is received. Manage within budget limitations for repairs and upkeep.
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven trustworthiness
- People skills
- General maintenance and repair experience is a must.
- Ability to meet physical demands including lifting, climbing stairs, and sweeping
- Effective verbal communication skills
A valid driver’s license is required. The successful candidate must submit to a criminal record check and provide three personal references.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 200 – 2161 Scarth Street Regina during business hours.
Compensation to be determined based on individual’s skills, qualifications and whether they reside on or off premise.